California Access to Housing and Services Act: Trailer Bill Language Proposed for Early Action
“The Department of Social Services may define regions at its sole discretion for purposes of this chapter, following consultation with relevant stakeholders and other governmental entities.
Within each regional area, funding shall be awarded to a qualified regional administrator as determined by the department.
“Regional administrator” means an entity, or consortium of entities, that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) Operates, or will operate, across a region.
(2) Demonstrates, in its application for funding, the capability, capacity, and proven history to conduct activities and establish partnerships with public and private entities within the region as necessary to provide services and supports consistent with this chapter.
(3) Demonstrates understanding of the region’s housing supply and rental market.
(4) Complies with requirements for reporting, performance monitoring, audits and evaluation of its activities pursuant to this chapter, as determined by the department.
(5) Private, for-profit entities may not serve as regional administrators under this Chapter.
Within each regional area, funding shall be awarded to a qualified regional administrator as determined by the department.”
Click here for Trailer Bill.
Leave a Comment