Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Boosting Housing Production in California to Fight Affordability Crisis
September 29, 2020
Published: Sep 28, 2020
Governor Newsom signed the following bills into law yesterday:
- AB 434 by Assemblymember Tom Daly (D-Anaheim) – Housing financing programs: uniform procedures.
- AB 725 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – General plans: housing element: moderate-income and above moderate-income housing: suburban and metropolitan jurisdictions.
- AB 831 by Assemblymember Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Planning and zoning: housing: development application modifications.
- AB 1561 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Planning and zoning: housing element and entitlement extensions.
- AB 1851 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – Religious institution affiliated housing development projects: parking requirements.
- AB 2345 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Planning and zoning: density bonuses: annual report: affordable housing.
- AB 3182 by Assemblymember Philip Ting (D-San Francisco) – Housing: governing documents: rental or leasing of separate interests: accessory dwelling units.
- AB 3308 by Assemblymember Jesse Gabriel (D-Encino) – School districts: employee housing.
- SB 288 by Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) – California Environmental Quality Act: exemptions: transportation-related projects.
- SB 940 by Senator Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Housing Crisis Act of 2019: City of San Jose.
- SB 1079 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Residential property: foreclosure.
- SB 1148 by Senator Brian W. Jones (R-Santee) – Mortgages and deeds of trust: foreclosure.
- SB 1157 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Tenancy: credit reporting: lower income households.
- SB 1190 by Senator Maria Elena Durazo (D-Los Angeles) – Tenancy: termination.
- SB 1212 by Senator Susan Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Joint powers authorities: San Gabriel Valley Regional Housing Trust: board of directors.
Click here to read more:
Leave a Comment