State Assembly Provides Two Initial 2023-24 Assembly Budget Stipulations Concerning Homelessnes
December 12, 2022
Last week the California State Assembly released a slide presentation that outlined a budget blueprint regarding budget priorities including homelessness for 2023 – 24 Assembly budget.
After noting the following investments, the Assembly noted two stipulations regarding funding investments.
Investments in Homeless were noted on slide 6 of 19 (slides do not have page numbers):
- $16.7 billion over 3 years (2021-24) for state housing and homeless programs
- Major homelessness investments started in 2018
- Complementary investments in addition to these include:
- $1 billion Department of Social Services family based housing
- $4 billion Higher Education housing.
Stipulations were noted on slide 17 of 19 (slides do not have page numbers):
- Demand accountability for homelessness spending from local and state government
- Create transparency on what Californians are getting for their large investment in this policy area.
Assembly will convene on Wednesday, January 4, to further the 2023 legislative session. Legislation, including bills that focus on homelessness, will be introduced in light of the stipulations noted above.
Click here to see Assembly budget blueprint.
Leave a Comment